Okay, I surrender. You know those email surveys so-called friends send you, demanding you divulge secrets about yourself in heavily-categorized formats? —Those intimate personality surveys, and busy-body quizzes?
I've always deleted them.
Then I heard from a very old friend, Jack Davis, whom I haven't laid eyes on in years. Nostalgia overcame me. I guess I wanted to surprise him. But now I've decided to try and surprise you.
Four Things You May Not Have Known About Me:
A) Four jobs I have had in my life:
1. McDonald's Golden Girl... my first job
2. Founding organizer of Teamsters For Democratic Union
3. University of Louisville banquet department
4. Fully-Clothed Porn Extra
C) Four places I have existed:
1. Edmonton, Alberta
2. Detroit, Six Mile and Livernois, Michigan
3. Beverly Glen, Los Angeles, CA
4. Jakarta, Indonesia— okay, I was only conceived there.
E) Four places I have been on vacation:
1. Marble Mountains, Northern California
2. Millau, the place in Southern France where they burned the McDonald's down
3. Tofino storm watch, British Columbia
4. Cross-country, US, '67 Mustang with a dog named Bandit
G) Four of my favorite foods:
1. Tacos con Carnitas
2. Anything from the garden
3. Coffee Ice cream with chocolate sauce
4. Homemade bread from William
Then there's all the places I've never been that I'd like to see: Iceland, Italy, Iran, India. I want to go on an "I" tour. Baghdad was on it until very recently.