I've been thinking about you. After all, it's my birthday month. I've tried some new things on my blog since the new year started, and I need feedback!
Here's some questions on my mind:
1. Do you like my podcast excerpts from my In Bed show? Would you like more, less, or is it just right?
2. Do you like hearing erotic stories every week from Best American Erotica?
3. Do you enjoy the videos I screen on the blog? They're usually sexy, funny, unusual, or all three. More or less in that area?
4. I love to write commentary on current events, news, media. My timing isn't as johnny-on-the-spot as a full-time news blog. Is that a problem? Do you like the sexual politics? Do you wish I would do more, less, or keep it at the same level?
5. Sex advice... That's a hard one. I've written so much "Susie Sexpert" stuff, in hundreds of books and magazines over the years. I always think, "this isn't new." What do you think? Do you want more "advice," and if so, what kind?
7. I've been running regular interviews with writers, mostly from Best American Erotica, although they are quite a diverse group of journalists, novelists, and muckrackers. Do you like those? More, Less, etc?
8. Do you want to hear more about the craft and process of erotic writing itself? Or publishing?
9. Do you like that my blog is a mixed bag, or do you get cranky that it's not about one thing all the time?
10. Many of you send me GREAT leads, URL's, and tips. Should I post them all, in an Open Thread grab bag, once a week? Or should I use Open Threads in a different way? I want to bring your excellent ideas MORE into this forum, but I just run out of time!
11. About commenting.. how do you like it? Do you feel welcome in our conversations here? What would make it more inviting for you?
12. What do you like to check out on my sidebars? I have widgets , Library Thing peeks into my library, reviews, search engines, comment clouds, blah-blah-blah. But what actually attracts you on the sidelines, if anything?
13. I'd like to know, if you get my blog posts through a RSS feed, or through one of my email alerts, or do you just bookmark me on your browser and check me out every once in a while? Should I post more than once a day, or are single daily postings ideal?
14. Do you subscribe to my blog, for $5/month? Do you feel like contributing to the blog's support? What would work for you, if you think it's a decent deal? I have one-time donation buttons, subscribe buttons, and some people even send me a check in the mail.
Wanna know what I really, really, want for my birthday? Your subscription!
15. What haven't I asked you, that I ought to be asking? I want to nurture this baby. I can move really quickly on things that inspire me, so go ahead and be bossy!