I've been tagged like a flamingo in a fruit fight.
Well, PZ must've known I was sticky for the taking.
"8 Things I Had No Intention of Talking About"
8. I spent two hours making labels on my Brother P-touch Label Maker this afternoon, and I became so besotted it with it that I took it into the toilet with me so I wouldn't have to stop for one moment.
7. I get a rush listening to Formula One engines. I have a whole CD of them: audio loops of thunderous high-pitched wail. I put the CD into my dorky Prius sedan, and quietly drive up to a stoplight. ...Unroll my window and put on my shades. I make sure some guy in a muscle car is idling right next to me. Then I turn the volume knob all the way up, wait for the light to barely turn green, and press PLAY.
6. I'm editing a book about organic farming, and there's a chapter in which intrepid field workers aerate the soil with a box of handy whirling battery-operated dildos.
5. I can take a broom in both hands and step over it and wind it behind my body and over my head without ever breaking my grip. I was born that way.
4. I just found my roach clip from the summer of '76 stuck in a vaccination record drawer.
3. If I could live anywhere right now, it would be Vancouver.
2. I used to go target shooting, and I really enjoyed it. The only reason I don't now is because I haven't owned a gun in twenty-something years, and I'm not neighbors with anyone these days who would invite me to jump in the car for a few rounds. I'm in an odd spot, of being in favor of gun control for all the usual reasons— but I'd also relish firing a dozen different guns and getting euphoric over bulls-eyes. Don't let Ted Nugent get his hands on me.
1. I had a chocolate cake tonight, at the UCSC Farm dinner, where the frosting was a ganache made with cocoa, sugar, and avocado, and it was so good I'm still screaming. You would never guess it was avocado. Here's a recipe that sounds close. I may lay down the gun, but you'll never get this bowl of pudding out of my hands.
OK, now who shall I put in my sights?
- Chelsea Girl
- Doug Henwood
- Bitch PhD
- Greta Christina
- Avedon Carol
- Lucy Kemnitzer
- Bitchy Jones
Here are the rules:
1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.
Illustration: "The chief difficulty Alice found at first was in managing her flamingo: she succeeded in getting its body tucked away, comfortably enough, under her arm, with its legs hanging down, but generally, just as she had got its neck nicely straightened out, and was going to give the hedgehog a blow with its head, it would twist itself round and look up in her face, with such a puzzled expression that she could not help bursting out laughing: and when she had got its head down, and was going to begin again, it was very provoking to find that the hedgehog had unrolled itself, and was in the act of crawling away: besides all this, there was generally a ridge or furrow in the way wherever she wanted to send the hedgehog to, and, as the doubled-up soldiers were always getting up and walking off to other parts of the ground, Alice soon came to the conclusion that it was a very difficult game indeed."